Tuesday, June 5, 2012


This is a piece that Laila created using Andrea and Ramita as models, which I liked because of its symbolic value and the use of props. This performance piece could be interpreted in many different ways. The props helped turn a simple pose into a very memorable image.


This is a piece that Andrea created in which Laila and I each held one end of a scarf, which symbolizes the connections between people from different backgrounds.


This is a piece that I created using Andrea as a model. I asked Andrea to sit in a relaxed position in a chair, and then tied her to it with the scarf without her knowledge. From the front, the viewer could not see that Andrea was tied to the chair, which I did purposely to symbolize unseen or seemingly insignificant inhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment